Paul gave thanks to God for the Thessalonians because of their…
(1 Th 1:3 NASB) . . .work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ . . .
Our faith defines our work (I Thess. 1:8-9, James 2:18)
- If God’s work is the focus of your life, then your faith is in God.
- If the work of the world is the focus of your life, then your faith is in manmade idols.
Our love motivates our labor (II Cor. 5:14)
- Love is the thing that moves you in the direction that your faith points you.
- If there is no motion in your spiritual life, then you do not love.
Our hope determines our endurance (I Thess. 5:8, Rom. 8:25)
- Hope is a “joyful and confident expectation” that sustains us faithfully through the hard times.
- If you are discouraged and want to quit, then you need to rekindle your hope.