For the spread of the gospel.
- That it would be successful–even swift (II Thess. 3:1 NASB).
- That obstacles would be removed (Rom. 15:30-31, II Thess. 3:1-2).
- That he would have a personal role in that spreading (Col 4:3).
That he would do well with the opportunities he had.
- To speak with boldness (Eph. 6:18-19).
- To speak with clarity (Col. 4:4).
- To have a knowledge and understanding of God’s will (Col. 1:9).
- To live lives pleasing to God (Col. 1:10, II Cor. 13:7, Phil. 1:10, I Thess. 3:12-13).
- To increase their knowledge of God (Col. 1:10).
- To be strengthened (Col. 1:11).
Prayers of thanksgiving.
- For everything (Eph. 5:20, I Thess. 5:18).
- For people’s receptivity to the gospel and their salvation (I Thess. 2:13, I Cor. 1:4, II Thess. 2:13).
- For their spiritual growth (II Thess. 1:3).
- For the part God allowed him to play (I Tim. 1:12, II Cor. 1:8-11).