What Christ Gave Up
When we remember all that Christ gave up for us:
- Christ gave up heaven, that we might have heaven as our home. (II Cor. 8:9, I Tim. 1:15, Jn. 14:2-3)
- Christ gave up acceptance by men, that we might be accepted by God. (Is. 53:3, Jn. 1:11, Luke 20:13-15, Mat. 26:67, 27:27-31, Heb. 12:21, Gal. 3:13)
- Christ was put to death, that we might be made alive. (Is. 53:6-12, Mat. 20:28, Heb. 2:9, Jn. 10:11, I Cor. 15:45, Col. 2:13, I Pet. 2:24)
We should ask ourselves: What have we given up for Christ?
- Only things of no great value to us?
- Only the minimum we think we can get away with?
- Everything we have-because that is what He gave up for us.
Your worth to the Lord is measured by what you are willing to give up for Him.